I saw this post by the lovely @ over on twitter about the #iBlogBecause campaign (which you can read about here if you’re curious) and it made me want to write my own. I did write an introductory post saying why I was starting my blog, way back when I first started but I’ve gained quite a few new followers since then, so this will be a great post for the new folks around here!
- Basically I started my blog because I wanted to help other people with mental health conditions. I would love to create a community where people can read encouraging posts and stories from survivors, ask questions and get support from people with the same conditions that they have.
- I also just really love writing! I wanted to be a journalist until certain events in my life stopped that happening, so this is the perfect way for me to carry on writing. You never know, once I’ve been doing this long enough and if I get a bit of an audience, I might be able to blag my way onto a journalism course- its worth a shot!
- I’ve always loved reading blog posts, they can be so inspiring when you read a persons story and see how far they’ve come! (Looking at you Hannah Gale) This kind of relates to the first point, but if I can help just one person with my own personal story (when I eventually get round to posting it…) then I’ll have done some good with my life!
- Since finishing uni I’ve been at a bit of a loss with what to do with all this free time I now have, but blogging is giving me something to do. Not only am I writing posts two or three posts a week but I’m also doing photography, editing and then publicising my posts on social media. It’s not a walk in the park like some people think it is!
- It’s also taught me new skills. I’ve learnt loads about managing social media, scheduling and managing my time, SOE and even started looking into web design!
So that’s it, thats why I blog! What do you love about blogging?