16 Ways To Practice Self Care Everyday
We all go through times where we feel shit, there doesn’t even need to be anything to set it off for your mood to suddenly plummet. Practicing self care can be a great way to help improve your mood and mental health but it can be hard to know where to start.
This last month has been a really bad one for my mental health. As much as I didn’t really want to, I decided to go back on the pill injection after me and Chris had a slight scare. I really dont want kids and in the panic of the moment I forgot how bad the pill effects me.
I’ve already write a post on this (Anxiety & The Pill) so I won’t go into that here but after only a few weeks of been back on it, I was struggling with a hell of a lot of mental health problems!
I really pity Chris having to put up with me these last 3/4 weeks…
So I decided that I was going to have a few days to myself and practice as much self care as I could. Since I’ve been neglecting my blog a lot bit lately, I decided to write a post on my favorite ways to practice self care when I’m having a bad day:
- Re-read your favourite book(s)
- Binge watch your favourite show
- Light a candle
- Eat food that you love (chocolate for the win!)
- Paint your nails
- Pamper yourself
- Put on a full face of makeup, do your hair and dress in your favorite outfit- even if you aren’t going anywhere!
- Organize something
- Tidy up your space (trust me on this one!)
- If you’re religious- pray. If not- meditate
- Should you be lucky enough to live somewhere that actually has sun (i.e. anywhere but Britain right now) go outside, even if its just sitting on your doorstep.
- Listen to your favourite playlist
- Get a long hot bath/shower
- Colour or draw (I can’t recommend adult colouring books enough right now!)
- Use your Happy Jar- if you don’t have one then read this post on why you need to make one!
What are your favourite ways to practice self care? Let me know in the comments below!