The Liebster Award
Now I’m not going to lie, I had no idea what this was and had to read Em’s post to actually understand how cool this is. Its a mix of letting people know more about you (a scary thought!) and finding/promoting other bloggers!
Here are the rules you must follow should you be nominated:
1. Thank the blogger/bloggers that nominated you
2. Post 10 facts about yourself (optional)
3. Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gave to you
4. Nominate at least 5, but no more than 11 bloggers that you think deserve the award
5. Tell the bloggers that you nominated them
6. Create 11 questions for the next nominees to answer
Okay so I guess I better do the facts about myself…here goes!
- I have been on a night out exactly 3 times in my life and I’ve hated each time. Its not my idea of fun. I’d much rather curl up in my comfies, with a coffee and either a good book or shooting things on the Xbox.
- I’ve never been drunk. I’ve got pretty tipsy once or twice but I’ve never been drunk. Also means I’ve never had a hangover too (not to brag but)
- I have “suspected” Aspergers and have been waiting 2 and a half years for my formal assessment!
- My brother was born dead on 18/11/92 and I was born 18/11/93…freaky af! We had the same birth and conception dates just a year apart. Pretty sure my mum nearly fainted when she found out her dates for me!
- I’ve never broken a bone or had to have a major operation (touch wood it stays that way for a long time!)
- I read a dictionary when I was 5 years old because I’d read every other book in the school library and was bored…don’t judge!
- I’m nearly 23 but I’m constantly told I look about 16/17. I’m sure I’ll be grateful of eternal youth when I’m in my 40’s and still look 20 though.
- If I see a person walking a dog, my instinct is to say “hello” to the dog and ignore the human and hope it doesn’t notice me…in fact I much prefer being round animals to humans full stop.
- I’m single and in all honesty I don’t plan on changing that status in the near future. I don’t plan on having kids or getting married (thought I would like to adopt) and while that might change as I get older, right now I’m happy as I am.
- I can’t stand the thought of working for someone else. I don’t do well being told what to do and I absolutely hate working in teams. I would love to be self employed and a in charge of my own fate.
So now onto my questions from Em!
1. Do you have any pets? Nope, my dad has never let us. I kinda understand as we couldn’t afford one but I would still love a dog.
2. What’s your favourite hot drink? Either a Caramel Latte or Hot Chocolate with marshmallows- I can’t pick!
3. Where is the most interesting place you’ve ever been? Erm…London? I’ve only ever left the country once when I was 8 and I hated it. As I’ve already hinted my parents have never had much money so we’ve never been on holiday even in England. I’ve only started travelling and doing things this last year and thats only thanks to my best friend taking me with her to gigs and stuff.
4. How long have you been blogging? Since June this year so about 3 and a half months!
5. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Introvert. But I love to socialise when I’m in the mood for it…thats just not that often!
6. What is your best quality/personality trait? …I have one? I guess if pushed I’d say that it would be the fact I’m brutally honest but also very loyal. You can tell me anything and I’ll never judge you or tell anyone what you’ve said to me. I’m also very protective of the few people I actually care about.
7. If you could trade places with anybody for a day, who would it be? I have no idea on this one. I guess my brother so my parents could get to know him and actually have a chance to meet him but don’t know how that would work since I’d just be dead then…
8. Can you swim? Kind of. I can keep myself afloat and do this weird ass doggy paddle/butterfly mix that sort of moves me forward. Again, we couldn’t afford to send me for lessons growing up so I didn’t properly go swimming until I was 11 with school…very embarrassing!
9. What is your favourite TV show? Sherlock! This guy is me in male form! It’s one of only 2/3 people that I’ve ever been able to relate to and he’s not even real.
10. Who is the most inspirational person in your life? My mum! She’s been through so much shit in her life but she’s fought through it all and now she’s in an amazing place! If you want to read her story I’ll link to the post I wrote about her HERE.
11. Something you’re good at? I remember almost everything I read/hear/see if that counts? It’s great for quizzes!
So there we go, now to nominate some lovely ladies and give them some questions to answer!
And your questions are:
- Do you have any tattoos? If so, what are they and where?
- Favourite film to watch when you’re feeling down?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- Is there anything you regret?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- What is your Hogwarts House?
- What were you obsessed with as a child? Are you still obsessed with it now?
- Favourite season of the year and why?
- What are three of your goals for the rest of the year?
- What are you most proud of?
Have fun guys!x
Previous post: Dear Diary: I Finally Got My Tattoo Covered Up!